Thermal Spray Abradable Materials For Gap Control Coatings
Abradable coating solutions increase safety and reduce fuel consumption and emissions in turbomachines. We have abradable materials for space control applications in aviation gas turbines, power generation gas turbines or steam turbines.
We design and produce abradable materials for space control applications in critical turbomachines. Our composite abradable thermal spray powders have the highest quality and consistency for long-term service.
Solutions for aircraft gas turbine engines
Our Abradable solutions significantly improve the efficiency and operational safety of aircraft propulsion engines. These products record millions of flight hours every year in civil and military turbofan, turboprop and turboshaft engines.
- Rotor path coatings
- Low, medium and high pressure compressor seals
- High pressure turbine seals
- Bearing seals
- Oil seals
- Other labyrinth seal configurations
- Reduces Specific Fuel Consumption (SFC)
- Compressor increases stagnation margins
- Lowers Engine Exhaust Gas Temperatures (EGT), prolonging the engine’s wing time
Typical gap control applications for aircraft turbine engines.
Gas turbines used in energy production and mechanical drive applications
Our Abradable materials are applied to industrial gas turbine compressors as a gap control coating and the compressor efficiency increases up to 5%. In the early stages of the turbine section, ceramic abradable materials are applied to the wing tip sections to reduce overall gaps, thereby increasing the environmental efficiency by up to 2%.
- Improves power output
- Reduces fuel consumption
- Reduces greenhouse gas emissions
- Significantly reduces annual operating costs of large power generation turbines
Typical gap control applications for industrial gas turbines.
Abradable gap control solutions for steam turbines
- Shaft seals
- Piston balance seal
- Vapor flow path seals on shielded rotor blades for Supercritical (SC) and Ultra Supercritical (USC) steam applications
- Increases turbine efficiency
- Reduces carbon dioxide emissions
- Saves fuel
- Lowers environmental costs
With the methods and equipment we have developed, we can apply abradable coatings to the steam turbine assembly or repair area. For such on-site applications, please contact us.
Typical gap control applications for steam turbines.