MCrAlY Alloy Powder Materials for Thermal Spray
We recommend MCrAI materials when you need superior high temperature oxidation and hot corrosion resistant surface or binder primer for the most demanding dynamic service environments.
Designed for the hottest service environments
MCrAIY thermal spray coatings are used in gas turbine engines and the hottest parts of other high temperature corrosive environments. They can be used as an anti-corrosion coating or binder primer to improve the performance of ceramic abrasive coating or Thermal Barrier Coating (TBC) systems.
MCrAlY compositions for demanding applications
- NiCrAlY materials provide protection against oxidation in high temperature gas environments.
- CoCrAlY chemical composition offers excellent resistance to hot corrosion (sulfidation)
- NiCoCrAlY or CoNiCrAlY materials provide an acceptable balance of both oxidation and sulfidation resistance.
Extremely consistent product quality
All MCrAlY materials are produced using inert gas atomization. This ensures consistent and homogeneous chemistry of dust particles. Our freely flowing powders are extremely well fed when thermal spraying.
Selection of optimized particle size distributions
Many of the MCrAI materials have different particle size distributions for compatibility with different thermal spray processes.
- Atmospheric plasma spray
- High Speed Oxygen Fuel (HVOF)
- ChamPro controlled atmosphere plasma spray